As specialists in oral and maxillofacial surgery, our surgeons offer OKC-OMS patients an advanced skill set founded on years of education and hands-on training. As a group, they constantly seek out professional development opportunities to improve OKC-OMS and patient experience. Because of this, our surgeons have invested in the latest dental implant technology—CONUS. CONUS is an implant supported option for edentulous patients.
What are the Benefits of CONUS?
The CONUS technology is similar to that of All-on-4 dental implants restorations in that fewer implants are needed to replace an entire arch or mouthful of teeth. However, our surgeons will place temporary dentures, made by your dentist, on top of the implants for 8-12 weeks to allow the implants to fully osseointegrate into the jawbone.
Once your surgeon has released you back into the care of the restorative dentist, they can begin the CONUS restoration process. Rather than the denture being screwed into place, the dentures are secured in the mouth through a tight friction fit between the CONUS abutments and fixtures within the denture. This benefits OKC-OMS patients by giving them the ability to remove their dentures for cleaning, while maintaining excellent stability during function.
Additional benefits of CONUS dental implants include:
- Improved oral health and function
- Freedom from dietary restrictions
- Improved self-esteem
- Smaller denture size
- Improved denture stability
- Palateless maxillary denture
- Improved comfort as the denture is supported by the implants and does not sit directly on the gum tissue
- Protection from bone loss
- Natural-looking results that provide a natural-looking smile
- More cost-effective and requires less maintenance
- Nighttime anti-bruxing appliance
To find out how CONUS technology can benefit you and your specific needs, please reach out to one of our offices to schedule an initial consultation.
Is CONUS Right for You?
Men and women in Oklahoma who have many missing teeth, or who want to upgrade from their traditional dentures may be good candidates for a CONUS restoration. However, to know for sure if your needs can be met with this treatment, you must meet with one of our surgeons for a one-on-one consultation.
During this appointment, your surgeon will perform a full oral evaluation, take any needed images and X-rays, and talk to you about your treatment options. The surgeon will evaluate the feasibility of a CONUS restoration for your unique situation.
Cost of CONUS
The cost of CONUS varies from patient to patient and will be determined after the initial consultation. Remember your restorative dentist will have a financial portion due for their part in your care as well. Our specialized team will help in the communication with your restorative dentist to help this process go as smoothly for you as possible. We understand that this can be overwhelming, but we are by your side every step of the way to guide and cheer you through your treatment.
Recovery from CONUS
As with any oral surgery, recovery from implants will vary slightly and will depend on each patient’s capacity to heal and the condition of their mouth prior to implant placement.
Aftercare instructions following implant surgery for CONUS include:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid hot liquids or food. Soft food and liquids should be eaten on the day of surgery. Return to a normal diet as soon as possible unless otherwise directed.
- You should begin taking pain medication before you feel the local anesthetic wearing off. For moderate pain, Tylenol or Ibuprofen may be taken. For severe pain, the prescribed medication should be taken as directed.
- Be sure to take the prescribed antibiotics as directed to help prevent infection.
- Keep physical activities to a minimum immediately following surgery.
- Good oral hygiene is essential to good healing. Your surgeon may provide a prescription for Peridex Oral Rinse to be used as directed by our surgeons. Warm salt water rinses should also be used at least 2-3 times a day, especially after meals.
To find out how CONUS can change your life and restore your oral health, call one of our offices near you today to schedule your initial consultation.